At some point during 2016 the responsibilities of the College of Teachers will be assumed by a newly formed organisation called The College of Teaching. At present it is not possible to fully specify how this will impact on members of The College of Teachers but existing College Members will retain some rights in the new organisation about which you can read more on our home page.
Membership of The College of Teachers is open to you if you are involved with education. Whether you are a teacher, a lecturer, a tutor, a teaching assistant, a trainer or a member of the admin team in a school, there is an Individual Membership option available to you.
Institutional Membership is open to schools, universities, training organisations and colleges.
- will benefit by belonging to an established and respected organisation.
- will receive a subscription to our quarterly journal Education Today
- will receive 6 issues per year of e-newsletters giving news and updates of The College's work
Becoming and Individual Member will celebrate (and recognise) your professional qualifications and career achievements and provide you with a range of paper-based and online resources.
The College is run by members for the benefit of all those who belong. All Fellows (FCollT) and Members (MCollT) are eligible to stand for election to Council and to vote in College elections.
For details of the different types of Membership available, please see below:
To renew your Membership, please visit our Renewals page.
Holders of College qualifications such as FCOT or ACOT may only use the post-nominals appropriate to these qualifications as long as they:
• remain a Member or Associate Member of The College in good standing
• have paid their membership fees
• subscribe to the Code of Professional Practice and Continuing Professional Development.
More information about post-nominals.