Membership of The College of Teachers is open to you if you are involved with education, whether you are a teacher, a lecturer or a member of the admin team in a school, there is an Individual Membership option available to you. Institutional Membership is open to schools, training organisations and colleges.
Becoming a Member will:
- celebrate (and recognise) your professional qualifications and career achievements; provide you with a range of paper-based and online resources;
- give you access to a range of qualifications to support your learning and continuing professional development.
Benefits of Membership include
- quarterly copies of 'Education Today', The College's Journal
- quarterly copies of The Newsletter, The College's magazine
- access to EBSCO Education Research Complete, an authoritative online resource providing access to 1,400 education journals and numerous conference papers
- Professional Indemnity Insurance cover at advantageous rates from Hiscox
- discounts on certain items such as healthcare and travel insurance premiums with HMCA
- 10% discount on all books and teaching resources at John Smith's online Bookshop.
- 20% discount on products from Collins Education, one of the leading UK publishers of books and software for schools.
- 2 for 1 offer on subscription of SEN Magazine. This means when you subscribe for one year you will receive the second year free!
- discounts on events run either by The College or by Partners of The College
- Discounted membership of the Royal Commonwealth Society for the College of Teachers. Members are entitled to an extensive list of benefits in the UK and abroad including membership of the Commonwealth Club in Central London as well as access to over 80 affiliated private clubs all over the world.
- regular e-newsletters giving news and updates on The College of Teachers' work
For details of the different types of Membership available, please see below:
To renew your Membership, please visit our Renewals page.
Holders of College qualifications such as FCOT or ACOT may only use the post-nominals appropriate to these qualifications as long as they:
• remain a Member or Associate Member of The College in good standing
• have paid their membership fees
• subscribe to the Code of Professional Practice and Continuing Professional Development.
More information about post-nominals.